Search

Destination - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (Dubai )

Updated: Jan 4

Let's take a look at our new destination focus, the United Arab Emirates (UAE). This sovereign constitutional monarchy is a federation of seven emirates (states) consisting of Abu Dhabi (which serves as the capital), Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain - and maintain a large degree of independence. The UAE is governed by a Supreme Council of Rulers made up of seven emirs, who appoint the prime minister and the cabinet.

If you are thinking about visiting Dubai or any other destination within the UAE, Where2Next? Travel can help you choose what to see and do and make your arrangements ahead of time. AMAZING FACTS ABOUT DUBAI

Dubai is known for extravagant shopping, striking design, and an enthusiastic nightlife scene. Dubai is the most populous city of the United Arab Emirates. This beautiful city is a cosmopolitan oasis of ultramodern architecture and luxury lifestyle. Here are some amazing facts worth knowing about Dubai:

The police force in Dubai spends more on every one of their supercars than what it costs to send a child to college in the USA. Dubai's police force drive vehicles which amaze travelers and show how "advanced" the city is. Among these fabulous vehicles are the Ferrari FF ($500,000), Lamborghini Aventador ($397,000) and the Aston Martin One-77 ($1.79 million). Many of the amazing supercars you see here in the United States were originated in Dubai. Dubai Police officers drive these Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Aston Martins regularly. The Dubai Police use supercars so they can catch any criminals in a potential car chase, allowing police to catch and arrest them in a timelier manner.

Approximately 85% of Dubai's population is foreign. Estimations show that around 15% of Dubai's populace are Emiratis, while the other 85% are expatriates. The greater part of the laborers working in Dubai moved to the United Arab Emirates from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Emirati nationals are far outnumbered by expats in Dubai. The majority of the population is Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Asian and Western.

Until fairly recently, Dubai had no addresses, no postal divisions, no region codes and no postal framework. Because of the rate at which Dubai has been developing, it initially never built up a standard address framework until recently. Rather than an address line on a mailing mark, citizens could just draw a guide or work out particular guidelines. Dubai is still a growing city that is rapidly changing. This is a nice little fact that most people don’t know about the governmental structure of Dubai.

Dubai is home to the World's Tallest Building. Dubai is one of the fastest growing cities in the world. Dubai is known as the “City of Skyscrapers” because there are currently over 400 skyscrapers throughout this growing city. The Burj Khalifa in Dubai is the tallest building in the world, with a height of 828 meters (2,716.54 feet - 830 meters (2,723.1 feet) to tip) and 163 floors. The Burj Khalifa is also home to the world’s highest restaurant, highest mosque, highest nightclub, and a variety of historical landmarks for tourists to explore!

If you are interested in going to Dubai, take our Travel Interest Survey – we’ll send you a Dubai Travel Guide with more interesting and important information on this fabulous destination.

Helping you see the WORLD, one experience at a time.®

2 views
CONTACT

730 Peachtree Street NE, #570

Atlanta, GA  30308

470.480.9007   call + message
801.457.4552     fax

info@where2nexttravel.co

_________

REGULAR HOURS

MON:     CLOSED

TUE:       10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.

WED:     10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.

THU:       10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.

FRI:         10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.

SAT:        10:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M.

SUN:       12:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.

SPECIAL HOURS

OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2020 - ELECTION DAY.

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon

© 2014 - 2025 by Where2Next? Travel, LLC.  All rights reserved.    Helping you see the WORLD, one experience at a time.®